The closing date for the competition is the 15th of February 2024.
Each entry can participate with one (1) up to five (5) photos, each one picturing preferably a different island. In order to join the competition you must send:
- Photographs in digital form, in JPEG format and a 300 dpi screen resolution.
- The competition entry filled and signed.
Photographs and competition entry filled and signed must be sent by email at [email protected]
The judging committee consists of executives of DODEKANISOS SEAWAYS as well as well-known dodecanesian photographers. Their names will be announced with the results of the competition. The judging committee will determine for the awards except for the Audience Award that will be voted publicly on our Facebook page.
Winners will be awarded five as well as honorary awards. The winner prizes are:
1st Winner: 500 € worth of photography equipment or ten (10) free round trip tickets
2nd Winner: 350 € worth of photography equipment or five (5) free round trip tickets
3rd Winner: 150 € worth of photography equipment or (3) free round trip tickets
Audience Award: 100 € worth of photography equipment or (2) two round trip tickets
Dodekanisos Seaways Award: 100 € worth of photography equipment or (2) two round trip tickets
- Prizes cannot be exchanged for money.
- The winner has the right to travel to any of DODEKANISOS SEAWAYS destinations (except for international ones).
- Tickets can be used during specific time periods and must be edeemed within one (1) year. The beginning of the year is the day final results were announced.
- Every participant that wins one or more honorary awards is entitled one (1) free round trip ticket.
- The photography equipment store is chosen by the DODEKANISOS SEAWAYS.
- Tickets are strictly personal and not transferable.
PUBLICITY AND COPYRIGHT NOTICE
Copyrights of the winners’ photos as well as the photographs that have been awarded a honorary prize belong also to DODEKANISOS SEAWAYS and therefore the company reserves the right to use them in advertising and other printed material. The participants warrant that they have obtained permission from the persons pictured in their photographs. Additions in the photos such as borders, frames, watermarks, signatures or copyright notices are not permitted.
The names of the winners of the new 2023 photography competition will be announced within March 2024 with publications in the local press, our website and on company Facebook page. They will also be sent via email to everyone that participated.
- The competition is open to all men and women that are over 16 years old, regardless of their nationality.
- Employees of DODEKANISOS SEAWAYS as well as their first-degree relatives cannot participate in the competition.
- While completing and signing the competition’s application form and sending via e-mail the photographer provides automatically his/her consent to DODEKANISOS SEAWAYS according to L. 2472/97 for the use, elaboration and further promotion of the personal data, that concern him/her exclusively, for the aim of this competition.
- The photographers are entitled to have access to their personal data anytime for information reasons as well as for objection to the further elaboration of them, based on article 13 L. 2472/97, for the protection of personal data.
- The photo competition will not run in case the number of the participants is not over 40. In that case the participations will be trans ferred in next year’s competition.